Hardware In the Loop (HiL) simulators are used primarily for integration tests of complex electromechanical systems. They are used mainly for testing control units in the aerospace, automotive, power electronics and robotics industries.
A HiL simulator usually has two general parts. A simulation running a deterministic (real-time) operating system, serving for accurate simulation of the tested object’s surroundings using models programmed in for example in Matlab/Simulink or LabVIEW. The deterministic simulation can also be used to conduct tests in real time. The second (operating) part, used to run the tested custom software.
Stimulation of inputs and reading of outputs from the tested object (one or more control units) is enabled by means of expansion I/O modules and peripherals (mechanical stimulators, relays, motors, current load, robots, sensors, camera systems, etc.).
Testing can be performed analogically in earlier stages of the product as well:
Model in the loop (MiL) – designed functional logic/behaviour
Software in the loop (SiL) - software of the future control unit
Processor in the loop (PiL) – processor or circuit
The T-Systems solution
The high level of modularity and flexibility of HiL simulators, using National Instruments products and designed by T-Systems, allow for the design of custom-built testing systems. These range from small simulators (comparable to a workstation in size and price) up to large modular solutions suitable for the simulation and testing of distributed control systems.
Testing workshops operation
An unique complexity of activities for testing workshops operation and HiL tests (National Instruments, CARTs, dSpace) has been offered by T-Systems to its customers in the czech market. Whether in the form of outsourcing or as a service our customers can rely on the complex activities portfolio.
- Test specifications design according to the agreed metodology and their docummentation (e.g. DOORS, NI Requirements, Gateway).
- Tests programming within the testing environment (EXAM, NI TestStand, Python).
- Planned automatized tests roll-outs.
- Testing sets and scenarions framing.
- Disclosed errors analysis and verification (CANoe, ODISENGINEERING)
- Results reporting (KPM)
- Models design (NI Lab WIEW, dSpace/Simulink). Logic models make for the testing object environment simulation or dierectly for the design logic correctness verification (MiL).
- Besides already described HiL simulators testing periferies, like camera systems for image recognition and robotic stimulatiors for functional or load testing of mechanical elements have been designed and implemented by us at T-Systems.
Service and support
T-Systems disposes not only of necessary know-how and experience, but also of wide technical background and professionaly organized customers support system. We are ready to deliver our solution not only in time, but also provide a longterm support and service in line with our customers requirements.
Possible delivery of complex solution and integration of individual products and services by preservation of independence thank to standard and oper SW and HW tools. T-Systems posesses unique know-how and experience in the field of HiL simulations and electronic management units testing. The solutions brings increased reliability and quality by testing time cuts to the customers. Design costs reduction being a key benefit of our offering as well.